By now you’ve heard about this amazing once a year sale coming up called the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. If you are anything like me, when it comes to saving you want all the details. There are few things I love as much as a good sale. I love the thrill of the hunt to find the best deals and the adrenaline rush you get when you find that perfect piece at the perfect price!
But I have a confession to make… I have never participated in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. *GASP* I know… it is sad really as so many people talk about how great this sale is. In previous years, I’ve been a poor college student relying on my parents or just recently graduated and looking for a job. Needless to say, I wasn’t in the position to participate then. But, fast-forward to today, now employed and reaping the benefits of my hard earned degree and I’m so excited to participate this year! I’ve been doing my research extensively on the in’s and out’s of this sale and today I’m going to share those insights with you. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a newbie, I hope you find this post helpful!
Must Know Dates
- July 13th – July 20th: Early Access for Nordstrom Card Holders.
- July 21st – August 6th: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Begins and All Shoppers Are Welcome
- August 7th: Prices Go Back Up
How Do I Get Early Access to Shop The Sale Starting July 13th?
The golden ticket to shop this sale early is your Nordstrom Card. If you are an approved card holder, then you will have access to the sale a whole week before it opens up to everyone. Take advantage of this benefit, everyone says that the best items sell out early, often even before the 21st when it opens up to non-card holders.
Should I Go Ahead and Sign Up For The Nordstrom Card?
Beyond the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, there are benefits to being a Nordstrom Card Holder. The Nordstrom Card offers the following perks:
- If approved, you can sign in to access your card online and start shopping the sale right away.
- You will earn 2 points for each dollar spent in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club. If you are a Nordstrom Rewards member, then you already earn 1 point per dollar spent at the above stores. However, the card doubles your earnings, getting you to the Nordstrom Note reward quicker for spending the same amount of money. See more details on the Nordstrom Card here and the Nordstrom Rewards program here.
- Get a $20 bonus Note when you spend $100 at Nordstrom with your new Nordstrom Card the day you are approved. If you plan on participating in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, then this is big perk because you are likely already planning on spending $100 that day anyway.
- No annual fees and competitive APRs.
- 24/7 Nordstrom customer service
- Access to other exclusive events and rewards (see details about Personal Triple Points Day for cardholders here.)
What Will Be On Sale?
Brand-new arrival! What makes this sale so special is that brand-new styles are sold at a big discount. So, unlike some other sales, you aren’t having to weed through the clearance items to find that one gem. With this sale everything is brand-new and shiny. Keep in mind that the new arrivals will be mostly for the upcoming Fall season. While it may be 100 degrees during the day right now (well at least it is here in Houston,) your future Fall and Winter self will thank you for stocking up on the essentials while they are deeply discounted versus having to pay full price when the temperature dips.
See my favorites from the sale here. I’ve put together my list of summer steals, fall must haves, favorite dresses, tops, and shoes as well as deals under $100.
So What’s the Catch?
From what I can see, there is not one. However, there are a couple things to keep in mind in order to have a good experience.
- During the sale, especially between July 21st and August 6th when it is open to everyone, the store will be packed. For a stress-free experience and access to the widest range of styles, I’d recommend shopping online. This way you get to take advantage of the discounts without having to fight the claustrophobia inducing crowds.
- Go in with a plan. I find the best way to shop any sale, especially ones this popular where items will likely run out quickly, is to plan ahead and know the items you are looking for ahead of time. Luckily, Nordstrom has published the catalog for this sale online, so you can start scouting out your favorite items now. You’ll find the Women’s and Men’s catalogs here.
- If you are going the all online route, take advantage of Nordstrom’s free shipping and free returns! So you don’t have to worry if you are in-between sizes or if you aren’t sure how a style will look on you. Go ahead and place your order to lock in that deal and try it on at home worry free.
To the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale beginners out there, if there are any other questions that you have, please leave a comment below! I’m sure you aren’t the only one with that question and I would love to help you find the answer. After all, I’m learning along side you all.
And to the seasoned professionals, if there is anything I missed, please let me know!
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share with a friend and help them take advantage of this amazing sale!